Water and sewer rates are calculated as follows:
- First 6,000 gallons - $33.09 (minimum charge per quarter)
- More than 6,000 gallons - $5.38 per 1,000 gallons of water used
- Fixed Charge (minimum charge per quarter) - $14.34
- 0-6,000 gallons per quarter - $1.34 per 1,000 gallons
- 6,001-24,000 gallons per quarter - $2.70 per 1,000 gallons
- 24,001-48,000 gallons per quarter - $3.54 per 1,000 gallons
- 48,001-99,000 gallons per quarter - $4.13 per 1,000 gallons
- 99,001+ gallons per quarter - $5.24 per 1,000 gallons
- Multi-family properties (uniform water rate) - $2.70 per 1,000 gallons
- Bulk sales to contractors, landscapers, etc. - $7.11 per 1,000 gallons
Stormwater ManagementThere is also a charge for the stormwater system maintenance. The residential rate is $15.63 per quarter ($5.21 per month).
The commercial/industrial rate is based on lot size and hard-surface coverage, which generates runoff (see table below).
|Classification||Land Use||Utility Factor|
|1||Single-family and Rural Residential||Not Applicable|
|4||Medium Density Residential||2.22|
|5||High Density Residential, Industrial, Office, Institutions
(churches, schools, government buildings, hospitals)
|7||Parks, Cemeteries, Golf Courses, Arboretum||0.46|
|8||Parking lots as a principal use||6.14|
|The surface water management fee for each tax parcel classified 1, 2 and 3 shall be $15.63 per quarter.|
|The surface water management fee for each tax parcel classified 4 through 8 shall be calculated for each quarter as follows: $30.44 multiplied by the utility factor multiplied by the acreage of the parcel.|
Water Testing Fees
The United States Environmental Protection Agency has mandated more stringent water quality testing procedures throughout the country. The city charges $12.12 per year for every water connection to cover our costs of the increased testing. This testing includes sending random samples to the state every week to be tested for bacteria, and once a year for lead and copper.