Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

Chanhassen’s Response to COVID-19

**Chanhassen's City Hall, Public Works Building, Rec Center and Senior Center are currently closed to the public. 

Residents are still encouraged to call or email City staff with any City-related questions or business whenever possible. Utility bill payments that cannot be mailed may be placed either in the outdoor drop box. Please call City Hall with any questions: 952.227.1100.

City and Public Meetings

  • City meetings may be viewed live electronically. For City Council meetings: details HERE. For Planning Commission meetings: details HERE. For Park and Recreation Commission meetings, watch the meeting online at or on Mediacom Cable Channel 107.2
  • As the Mayor, City Council and City Staff continue to evaluate and determine essential and non-essential City functions, the City’s website and social media pages will be updated to reflect those determinations

Department Information & Impacted Services


  • Building department will continue to provide permit and inspection services 
  • Inspections will be prioritized based on impact to the health and safety of the community and our staff
  • Please use the Fire/Law Enforcement/Building & Permit entrance to drop off or pick up permits 
  •  Please call 952-227-1180 when you arrive at the building entrance. 

REMINDER: Visitors are required to wear masks per the governor's mandate and maintain six feet of separation between themselves and other individuals. Hand sanitizer is available for all visitors. 

Carver County Sheriff’s Office:

  • The Carver County Sheriff’s Office is maintaining the same levels of service with the exception of responding to medical calls for service for “flu-like” symptoms

Engineering and Public Works:

  • Please call 952-227-1160 with any engineering questions, or 952-227-1300 for Public Works questions

Fire Dept:

  • No commercial fire inspections or community CPR/AED training will be scheduled
  • The fire department will not be responding to medical calls for service for “flu-like” symptoms

Parks and Recreation:

  • Recreation Programs – Programs scheduled for city facilities are cancelled until further notice. Please visit our Virtual Recreation Programs page for activities and fun things to do!
  • For Parks and Recreation questions--including program registration--please call 952-227-1100

Planning and Zoning:

  • Land-use applications are being accepted, and business business is being conducted as normal with the exception of City Hall being closed to the public
  • For planning and zoning questions, please call 952-227-1130


  • COVID-19 does not present any additional risk to individuals through water supply or wastewater (More information from the CDC can be found here)
  • Utility payments can be made via mail, online, in person, or in the drop box located outside City Hall.
  • For utility billing questions, please call 952-227-1144

For additional questions please contact Interim City Manager Heather Johnston at 952-227-1119 or Assistant City Manager Jake Foster at: 952-227-1118.

Who to call?

Business Maximum Occupancy Information

Carver County’s Response to COVID-19

**Six ways you and your family can reduce coronavirus stress**


Updated 1/14/21